2nd Great Awakening
John R. Houk
© August 2, 2014
Stephen Hofer sent this email to me go along with the pdf link pertaining to prayer-activism. The activism is actually from Awakening America. The organization came into existence according to it’s about page:
· Provide a broad umbrella under which the body of Christ in America can unite together in seeking a contemporary spiritual awakening.
· Issue a wake-up call for revival in the church and a Christ awakening in the nation by utilizing unified activity, various forms of media, and highly visible events.
· Collaborate together in prayer, fasting, and God-inspired action to impact the nation’s non-Christian population.
· Challenge today’s church in welcoming and discipling new generations of American youth.
The organization promotes Churches and Ministries to make an open impact among people that are not Church goers.
Awakening America is the prime mover for Cry Out America (COA). The specifics about the activism of COA can be found on its Facebook About Page:
On 9/11 we will once again be gathering at county courthouses or alternate venues across the nation to CRY OUT to God for a Christ Awakening in America.
Visit www.awakeningamerica.us to find your county coordinator or register to coordinate a prayer gathering in your county.
Together we will Cry Out to God for the healing of our land. We are counting on the involvement of the body of Christ across the nation as we pursue the goal of networking this growing prayer movement to create the strongest, most comprehensive net to catch the Last Days harvest.
Together we will Cry Out to God for the healing of our land. We are counting on the involvement of the body of Christ across the nation as we pursue the goal of networking this growing prayer movement to create the strongest, most comprehensive net to catch the Last Days harvest.
There is a huge lack of activism among Christians in America. One way to get active is to get involved with COA, find something similar perhaps in your home Church, if you are the go-getting leader-type get organized with COA in your home Church OR at the very least spend some closet prayer time to pray that America wakes up.
From early American Colonial days right on through to the present America has been blessed epochal movements that were influential in the persona of America. The earliest of these were actually called Great Awakenings (COA short history of Great Awakening moments).
COA focuses on changing the spiritual climate of America to bring Christ back into centrality into the American psyche. One thing you can add to your prayer activism is to come against two movements currently transforming America away from its Christians roots: Left Wing activism which uses Radical Muslim activism as a device to destabilize Christian America. Largely due to the idiocy of income manipulation the government has made it difficult to address the transformative activism of America’s Left. Although Leftist interests are free to criticize everything Christian and still get an income tax deduction status, Christian Churches and Ministries are not afforded the same Liberty. Technically Churches aren’t forbidden from influencing godly politics but due to the Leftist fallacy of Separation of Church and State (NO WHERE FOUND IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION), Leftists use the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to threaten Churches and Ministries with the loss of their 301(c)3 status of receiving tax deductible donations:
To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.
Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.
The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.
Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues. (Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations; probably written by some bureaucrat; IRS; last updated 13-Mar-2014)
It is a bit interesting the IRS does not hold Left-oriented charitable organizations to the same standards. AND just as an aside from Mr. Hofer’s intention to motivate America to wake up, I have to add that it has been recently exposed that the IRS has been given marching orders to come down even harder on Churches and Ministries even if there is an insinuation of politics.
Well anyway after a little political whining on my part I am posting Stephen Hofer’s email followed by the reformatted from the pdf the extended COA document.
Published by AwakeningAmerica
Published on Jan 30, 2014
Cry Out America is about bringing awareness to our need for a national Christ Awakening. We are championing the process through a rhythm of prayer:
daily ~ weekly ~ monthly ~ quarterly ~ annually gatherings
Take part in this annual gathering in your community for an hour of prayer on Patriot Day. Find out more at www.awakeningamerica.us
Twenty Indicators of a Spiritual Awakening
Sent by Stephen Hofer
Sent: 7/24/2014 5:19 PM
“What would a contemporary spiritual awakening look like in America… in our church and culture?” There are 20 indicators that will signal a Great Awakening in America: 10 in the Church and 10 in the Culture. These Spiritual indicators will ignite a passion for the body of Christ to unify in prayer, as we prepare our states, our counties, and our hearts.
In the Church
1) Increasing testimony of the manifest presence of God
2) Increased conversions and baptisms
3) Amplified participation in corporate as well as individual prayer, fasting, and other spiritual disciplines leading to more effective discipleship
4) A decrease in divorces and renewed commitment to marriage between a man and a woman in covenant relationship as God intends
5) Imparting faith to children and youth as parents are equipped by the church to become primary disciplers of their children
6) Among churches, a passionate pursuit for the well-being of their cities through the planting of new congregations, benevolent ministries, practical service and focused evangelism
7) Commitment to radical generosity as evidenced by compassion ministries and global missions
8) Improved health among ministers as evidenced by their joy, decreased resignations, healthy loving relationships within their families, and an increased response among young people called to the ministry
9) Christians involved in bold witness accompanied by miracles, dramatic conversions and Holy Spirit empowered victories over evil
10) Heightened expressions of love and unity among all believers, as demonstrated by the unity of pastors and leaders
In the Culture
1) Breakdowns of racial, social and status barriers as Christ’s church celebrates together – Jesus!
2) A restoration of morality, ethical foundations and accountability among leaders of church and government, business and politics
3) A transformation of society through the restoration of Christ’s influence in the arts, media, and communications
4) Increased care for the hungry and homeless, the most vulnerable and needy
5) Young adults, students and children embracing the claims and lifestyle of Christ through the witness of peers who live and love as Jesus
6) Community and national leaders seeking out the church as an answer to society’s problems
7) Increased care for children as “gifts from the Lord” as the gospel addresses abortion, adoption, foster care and child well-being
8) Righteous relations between men and women: decrease in divorce rates, co-habitation, same-sex relations, sexual abuse, sexual trafficking, out of wedlock children and STD’s
9) An awakening to the “fear of the Lord” rather than the approval of people, thus restoring integrity and credibility
10) Neighborhood transformation and an accompanying decrease of social ills through increased expressions of “loving your neighbor” in service, compassion and unity
Seven Days/Seven Mountains of Culture
P RAYER GUIDE
7-Day Prayer Initiative
Join us in prayer and worship throughout the week to ask the Lord for Awakening in our region and throughout America.
Patriot Day Prayer Gathering
Join with thousands gathering at courthouses, churches, marketplaces, and other public venues across America as we “Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly. Summon the elders and all who live in the land . . . and cry out to the LORD” (Joel 1:14).
21 Days of Ekballo — “To Send Out”
September 11–October 1
The Cry Out America ministry team would like to offer you a 21-day challenge. The challenge involves simple and practical tasks that reflect our cooperation with Jesus’ directives to be a sent out into our community as His laborers. Our hope is to multiply the process of bringing transformation to our community by simply adding the words of our mouths with the work of our hands and feet to the 24/7 prayers that were prayed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT YOUR CRY OUT AMERICA COORDINATOR
[Blog Editor: In the original pdf file there is a table of contents. Since I am reformatting this from a Word document I am excluding the table of contents.]
In 1975, God simultaneously gave a message to Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, and Loren Cunningham, founder of Youth with a Mission. The essence of these messages is encapsulated by the following sentence, “If God’s children are going to impact any nation for Jesus Christ, then they will have to affect the seven spheres, or mountains of society, that are the pillars of any society.”1 These seven mountains include: the marketplace, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, the family and religion.2
Other leaders like Pat Robertson of CBN and Regent University and Francis Schaeffer of L’Abri have echoed the same message calling for men and women to see their lives work as callings from God. The hope and goal of these leaders has been to raise up change agents, who will scale the mountains of culture knowing that these mountains are where the battles are won or lost for the building of the Kingdom of God. Our assignment is to help raise up a new generation of change agents who will understand the bigger picture of God’s kingdom and the role that humanity plays in building God’s kingdom while we are here on earth.3
From this perspective, we will be praying this year for the people who are currently working in each of these areas of society and for those that God will call, empower, and mobilize to work in those fields in the future. The following are prayer starters: prayer points drawn from Scripture that we hope will give you some direction as you pray for friends, family, members of our community, as well as, national leaders, who work on the various mountains of society. We also hope that these prayer points will be a benefit to you in the future as you pray for future generations, who will engage in building God’s kingdom on earth!
FOR ALL MOUNTAINS
- Pray that God will position His sons and daughters (true followers of Jesus) to positions of influence on every mountain of culture.
- Read Ephesians 1:3–6, 9–11.
- Thank God for His people whom He has placed in your life to be encouragers and partners with you in the work to which God has called you.
- Thank God for the people of God, who are faithful workers in the fields where God has placed them.
- Thank God that He will bring to completion the work He has begun in us—His sons and daughters.
- Pray God’s children will be wise, discerning, and growing in knowledge and understanding.
- Pray the love of God’s children—toward Him and toward each other—will continue to grow so that we will be able to determine what really matters and be found pure, blameless, and filled with the fruit of righteousness in the day of Christ (Ephesians 1:3–6, 9–11).
- Read Colossians 1:9–14.
- Pray God will give His people wise minds and spirits attuned to his will.
- Pray God’s people will acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which He works.
- Pray they will live well for the Master, making him proud as they work hard in His field, the earth.
- Thank God that as we increasingly learn how God works, we will increasingly learn how to do His work.
- Pray God’s children will have the strength to persevere and Endure (“hang in there” for the long haul), not with the grim strength of gritting your teeth but with the glory- strength God gives, the kind of strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy.
- Thank the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that He has for us.
- Thank God for rescuing us from dead-ends and dark dungeons of captivity.
- Thank God that He has established us in the kingdom of the Son He greatly loves and has allowed us to be part of His work of building His kingdom.
- Thank Jesus for delivering us from the pit and freeing us from those sins, which we were doomed to keep repeating (Colossians 1:9–14).
- Pray God’s people will be devoted to prayer and intercession.
- Pray God’s people will be alert and aware of what God is doing on earth and have a desire to work with Him.
- Pray God’s people will be thankful.
- Pray God’s people will walk in wisdom toward outsiders.
- Pray whatever God’s children do, they will do it heartily as unto the Lord and not as unto men. Pray they do this because they are well aware that they will receive their reward and their inheritance from the one they serve— Christ Jesus, the Lord (Colossians 3:23, Ecclesiastes 9:10).
- Pray God’s children will be careful not to rob Him, consequently, bringing themselves and their families under a curse. Instead, pray God’s children will wisely release back to Him the resources He has provided for ministry in the church and community.
- Thank God for the blessings that He releases to His faithful children (Malachi 3:7–12; Deuteronomy28:1–14).
- Pray that the speech of God’s children will be gracious, seasoned with salt, always knowing how to answer each person (Colossians 4:2-6).
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will be mature and fully assured in everything God wills, so they will be confident in how they carry themselves and how they complete the work that God has called them to do (Colossians 4:12).
- Pray God will find His sons and daughters worthy of His calling and the kingdom of God.
- Pray God will, by His power, fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith so that the name of Jesus will be glorified (2 Thessalonians 1:5, 11–12).
- Pray God’s people will not listen to ungodly counsel and will not entertain scoffers (Psalms 1:1).
- Pray God’s people will love His word and receive life from it (Psalms 1:2-3).
- Pray believers will overcome darkness through His light, shining in our hearts (2 Corinthians 4:6).
- Pray God’s people will reflect His love.
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will be men and women of integrity in every setting of life.
- Pray God’s people will walk in humility and righteousness and that He will shelter our nation because of those humble and righteous ones (Zephaniah 2:3).
- Pray men and women, both inside and outside the church, will receive a revelation of the eternal nature, plans, and purposes of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Pray the God of peace will keep His sons and daughters blameless in spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- Pray Our LORD’s Prayer found in Matthew 6:9–13.
MOUNTAIN OF FAMILY
This sphere of society includes people who work as counselors, ministers, social workers, educators, and those in any aspect of culture that deals with family life.
- Thank God for mothers and fathers who have a relationship with God, enabling them to love their children and teach with wisdom, knowledge and understanding that come from knowing God.
- Thank God for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that far exceed the limited knowledge and understanding we gain from life experiences.
- Thank God for godly, extended family members, who bless and encourage us and our children.
- Thank God for family, who help strengthen our faith and develop our gifts and callings.
- Pray God will give mothers and fathers the language of those instructed by God so they may speak with wisdom into their children’s lives; know how to sustain their children with comforting words when they are weary; be able to teach their children how to be instructed by the Lord (Isaiah 50:4).
- Pray God will put His word in parents’ mouths, so they will be able to plant the kingdom of God in their children.
- Pray parents will be able to lead their children into a relationship with God, the Father.
- Pray our children will be (and be known by others as) the children of God (Isaiah 51:16, Romans 8:14–15).
- Pray parents will be filled with God’s Spirit and model a relationship with the Holy Spirit even as Jesus modeled that relationship for us.
- Pray God will cause godly mothers and fathers to be willing to enlarge their tents and make room for many spiritual sons and daughters in their lives and even their homes.
- Pray God will cause them to multiply their Christian impact through their willingness to parent those who have not had godly parents (Isaiah 54:1–3).
- Pray God will teach our children, make them prosperous, keep them from oppression and terror, only allow enemy attacks on their lives that will accomplish what is needed to make them mighty warriors for His kingdom, not allow any weapon formed against them to prosper, and refute any accusations made against His righteous children (Isaiah 54:13–17).
- Pray fathers will be careful not to exasperate their children but lovingly, wisely, and patiently train them in the ways of the Lord (Colossians 3:20; Ephesians 6:4).
- Pray parents will create an atmosphere of joy that celebrates obedience in their homes.
- Pray children will desire to obey their parents because they know obedience pleases God (Colossians 3:20).
- Pray broken marriages will be restored.
- Pray husbands will love their wives as Christ loves the church. (Ephesians 5:23).
- Pray husbands will love their wives as their own bodies, nurturing and caring for her (Ephesians 5:28–29, 33).
- Pray husbands will cling to the wife of their youth (Ephesians 5:31, Proverbs 5:15–23, Ecclesiastes 9:9, Malachi 2:14–16).
- Pray wives will respect, honor, and mutually submit to their husbands (Ephesians 5: 22, 33, Colossians 3:18).
- Pray leaders of the family mountain will stand for life.
- Declare that marriage will remain the foundation of the family unit.
MOUNTAIN OF MARKETPLACE
This sphere of society includes the sciences, medicine, retail, service, managerial, the restaurant industry, etc.
- Read Proverbs 11.
- Pray God’s servants in the marketplace will walk in integrity, humility, faithfulness, and righteousness.
- Pray they will be filled with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that comes from God.
- Pray they will be trustworthy, kindhearted, pure, discrete, and generous.
- Thank God that He has enabled His sons and daughters to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light (Colossians 1:12).
- Thank God for the good things that He has given to us (Deuteronomy 8:10).
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will observe God’s commands so God will be able to bless them with beautiful land that is productive and nurturing (Deuteronomy 8:6–10).
- Pray Gods men and women in the marketplace will remember the LORD their God gives them the ability to produce wealth; this is how He confirms His covenant, which he swore to our forefathers (Deuteronomy 8:18).
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will seek the knowledge of God’s will, spiritual wisdom, and understanding so they may live lives pleasing to the Lord, bearing fruit in every good work.
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will be strengthened with power and patience to joyfully and thankfully endure (Colossians 1:9–11).
- Pray God’s ministers in the marketplace will use honest scales and measurements when dealing with customers, clients, and suppliers (Leviticus 19:36; Proverbs 11:1).
- Pray God’s sons and daughters will be careful to obey His laws so they will be prosperous and successful (Joshua 1:7–8).
- Pray God’s servants will not rely on wicked counsel or confer with mockers so whatever they do will prosper (Psalms 1:1–3).
- Pray God’s servants will commit to the LORD all they do so their plans will succeed (Proverbs 16:3).
- Pray God’s servants will honor the LORD with their wealth, with the first fruits of all their crops so their barns will be filled to overflowing, and their vats will brim over with new wine (Proverbs 3:9–10).
- Pray God’s servants will seek to build God’s kingdom first and foremost, seeking to walk in God’s righteousness so everything he/she needs, will be provided (Matthew 6:33).
- Pray God will keep His sons and daughters free from the love of money. Pray God will help them to be content and fulfilled by the knowledge of His presence in their lives (1Timothy 6:6–10; Hebrew13:5).
- Read 1Timothy 6:11–18.
- Pray God’s children will pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Pray they will fight the good fight of the faith so they will be able to take hold of the eternal life to which they were called.
- Pray God’s marketplace servants will have a revelation of God as the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, which no one has seen or can see.
- Pray that those who are rich in this present world will not be arrogant nor put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but they will put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
- Pray God’s children in the marketplace sphere of society will do well, be rich in good deeds, be generous, and be willing to share (1 Timothy 6:11–18).
- Pray they will be able to be trusted with much (Luke 16:10).
- Pray they will be generous so God will be generous to them (Luke 6:38).
- Pray those in the marketplace will fear God so He will give them success (2 Chronicles 26:5).
MOUNTAIN OF EDUCATION
This sphere of society includes teachers, administrators, coaches, staff, and volunteers at all levels of education from preschool thru graduate levels.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:14–4:4.
- Pray God will position godly administrators and teachers on the Mountain of Education.
- Pray God will give His educators wisdom, favor, and ability to influence.
- Pray godly teachers positioned in the sphere of education will remain faithful to teaching based on the knowledge of truth that they have learned from Scripture.
- Pray teachers will teach with godly wisdom.
- Pray teachers will be able to instruct, admonish, and encourage their students in ways leading to righteous living.
- Pray teachers will be able to equip their students with all they need to fulfill their God-given purposes.
- Pray teachers will be prepared to teach students whether in the classroom or out of the classroom.
- Pray teachers will be patient and careful when giving instructions.
- Pray that teacher’s concepts of God are sound and grounded in truth so they may be able to dispel myths that are perpetuated through false doctrine (2 Timothy 3:14–4:4).
- Pray teachers, administrators, and parents will become intercessors for their students and that they will pray their students’ hearts, minds, and spirits will be opened to knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that comes from God so their minds and purposes are conformed to the mind of Christ and His purposes.
- Pray students will have the fortitude when tested to prove God’s will in and through their lives (Romans 12:1–2).
- Pray teachers will be able to teach their students how to demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3–5).
- Pray teachers will be free to teach truth, which results in students being set free (John 8:32).
- Pray both students and teachers will desire to please God and not their own selfish desires (Romans 1:21–27).
- Pray teachers will be free to teach students to fear the LORD, which is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One, which brings understanding (Proverbs 9:10).
- Pray God will bring into position student leaders within student bodies, who are like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—filled with wisdom and understanding because they know their God and understand the principles of His kingdom (Daniel 1).
- Pray godly teachers will be disciple makers (Matthew 28:19).
MOUNTAIN OF ARTS, ENTERTAINMENT, AND SPORTS
This sphere of society includes actors, writers, producers, managers, singers, instrumental musicians, dancers, athletes, coaches, referees, photographers, graphic artists, gaming professionals, cartoonists, artists in all types of mediums, and individuals who work in various support roles in these fields.
- Pray God’s servants in the area of arts and entertainment will walk in integrity, humility, faithfulness, righteousness; that they will be filled with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that comes from God.
- Pray they will be trustworthy, kindhearted, pure, discrete, and generous (Proverbs 11).
- Pray God will call and anoint people, who will produce excellent quality entertainment that displays godly lifestyles, behaviors, and values in the movie industry.
- Pray God will inspire psalmists, who will sing new songs unto the Lord (Isaiah42:10).
- Pray God will enable and position musicians who will play skillfully in a broad spectrum of settings (Psalm33:3).
- Pray God will raise up designers and artisans who are filled with the spirit of God, skilled and knowledgeable about all kinds of crafts, and able to teach others (Exodus 35:30–36:1).
- Pray God would release resources to His artists who will faithfully produce work that brings glory to Him.
- Pray God will reveal corruption within this sphere of society to authorities that will act with godly intent to correct situations.
- Pray God would cause a great distaste of ungodly values throughout society, especially among the young.
- Pray God would create a hunger throughout society for godly virtues to be exhibited.
- Pray God would use His sons and daughters on the mountain of arts and entertainment to create works that cause people to rejoice in the Lord.
- Pray God would raise up artists who are modest.
- Pray God would cause His children on this mountain to be thankful intercessors and those expressions of thankfulness and intercession would be seen in their work.
- Pray God’s children in the arena of arts and entertainment would create work that causes the peace of God to arise within men and women.
- Pray this resulting peace will pass human understanding— a peace that keeps hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Pray that the work of believing artists would cause viewing audiences to focus on whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report.
- Pray that if there be any virtue and any praise, audiences will be led to think on these things (Philippians 4:3–13).
MOUNTAIN OF RELIGION
This sphere of society includes pastors, teachers, evangelists, church, seminary or para-church organization administrators, lay-ministers, staff members, volunteers, etc.
- Read Isaiah 61:1–6.
- Pray God will call and mobilize men and women who walk in the spirit of the sovereign LORD; who are anointed to preach good news to the poor; who are willing to be sent to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release prisoners from darkness.
- Pray they will boldly proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of God’s vengeance.
- Pray they will be willing to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve, bestowing on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and garments of praise instead of spirits of despair.
- Pray God will view His servants as oaks of righteousness, plantings of the LORD that display His splendor.
- Pray God enables them to rebuild the ancient ruins, restore the places long devastated, and renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
- Pray these men and women will wisely shepherd God’s flocks and work His fields and vineyards.
- Pray God will be able to refer to them as His priests and ministers who serve Him.
- Pray He will find them worthy to feed on the wealth of nations and boast in their God-given riches.
- Pray God’s servants will be able to present the fullness of His message; reveal the secrets of His kingdom and the mystery of Jesus Christ dwelling in us; possess wisdom and energy to teach, admonish, and instruct God’s people so they may be presented perfect to Christ (Colossians 1:24–25).
- Read Ephesians 4:10–16.
- Pray God will release apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers to prepare God's people for works of service.
- Pray God will use those ministers to build His body in a way that produces unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God.
- Pray He uses ministers to develop a mature community of believers, who will attain to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Pray their gifted teaching will keep God’s children from acting like infants, who are tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
- Pray God will use those ministers to speak the truth in love so we will, in all things, grow up into Him, who is the Head, that is, Christ.
- Pray the whole body of Christ will be joined and held together; that it will grow and build itself up in love, as each part does its work (Ephesians 4:10–16).
- Pray God will send those who are willing and able to go and preach the Good News to all nations, even the ends of the earth (Matthew 24:14; Romans 10:14–17).
- Pray God will use His servant to build His church so it cannot be destroyed when all hell comes against it (Matthew 16:18).
- Pray God will call and empower men and women who are prepared to preach the Word in season and out of season; to correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Pray ministers of the gospel will increasingly teach and preach the gospel of the kingdom of our LORD (Matthew 10:7).
MOUNTAIN OF GOVERNMENT
This sphere of society includes military, local, state, and national government leaders and employees, elected or hired.
- Pray God would mobilize intercessors for those that are in authority (1 Timothy 2:1–4).
- Pray that God will engage men and women who are willing to stand in the gap on behalf of the land so He will not destroy it (Ezekiel 22:30; 2 Chronicles 7:13–14).
- Pray God will call and empower men and women to be national leaders, who are humble, willing to intercede and even to lay their lives down on behalf of our nation as Moses did for Israel (James 4:6; Exodus 32).
- Thank God for men and women on the mountain of government who, like King David, release God’s blessings and favor on their people because they boldly worship God and acknowledge His sovereignty (1 Chronicles 29:10–13).
- Pray God will continue to raise up men and women on the mountain of religion who rule the people with justice under the fear of the Lord (2 Samuel 23:3).
- Thank God and ask Him for men and women in the arena of government who, like King Solomon, have great wisdom and knowledge and by their wisdom and favor release blessings on their people (2 Chronicles 1:12).
- Pray God will position people in the sphere of government who love justice and hate injustice so that it will be evident to all people why our nation and others like it are blessed (Isaiah 61:8–9).
- Pray God will position righteous people as rulers so His people may thrive and rejoice (Proverbs 29:2).
- Read Isaiah 44:24–45:5.
- Pray God will raise up rulers who, like Cyrus, have the ability to fulfil the word of God; to restore ruins and rebuild cities; to establish God’s community within a region or territory (Isaiah 44:28).
- Pray God will engage anointed leaders, who have the authority to subdue rulers and nations who act wrongly toward God’s children (2 Samuel 22:32–51; Isaiah 45:1).
- Pray government officials will walk in the fear of the Lord and revere God’s Word.
- Pray leaders on this mountain will be sensitive to the needs of all people and have great wisdom to know how to meet those needs.
- Pray God will engage men and women like Joseph who will have the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding to protect and provide for nations in seasons of famine (Genesis 41).
- Pray God will equip men and women with godly wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, like Daniel and his compatriots, and these wise men and women will be significantly better, more affective, and more accurate counselors to rulers than those who do not know God (Daniel 1:17–20).
- Pray God will release a spirit of justice and righteousness that will restrain evil in our land.
- Pray people willingly submit to ruling authorities that have been positioned by God (Romans 13:1–6).
MOUNTAIN OF MEDIA
This sphere of society includes writers, editors, producers, technicians, personalities, staff, etc. who work in the fields of television, radio, the Internet, newspapers, magazines, and other media sources or outlets.
- Pray God’s servants on the mountain of media will walk in integrity, humility, faithfulness, and righteousness.
- Pray they will be filled with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that comes from God and be trustworthy, kindhearted, pure, discrete, and generous (Proverbs 11).
- Read Romans 10:14–17.
- Thank God that He has positioned men and women in the sphere of media who will boldly give glory to God for the great things that He has done.
- Thank God that He has raised up men and women who are not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.
- Pray God will speak through the leaders He has placed on the mountain of media because the Spirit of the Lord is upon them and His Word is on their tongue (2 Samuel 23:2).
- Pray God’s people in the arena of media will be aware that the power of life and death are in the tongue, and they will not use their words carelessly but use their tongues to bring forth life (Proverbs 18:21; Matthew 12:37).
- Pray God will position people within the media who will use their tongue to build up and not tear down what God has planted in His people (1 Corinthians 10:8).
- Pray God will position and give favor and authority to those whom He has appointed to be a voice of justice to the nations (Matthew 12:18).
- Pray He will make them bold, fearless and unashamed of the gospel (Jeremiah 1:10; Romans 1:16).
- Pray God will instruct those on the mountain of media to know how to sustain the weary with a word (Isaiah 50:4a).
- Pray God will put His words in the mouths of those in the sphere of media that they will be able to plant God’s kingdom on earth (Isaiah 51:16).
- Pray God will mobilize heralds of peace, who bring good news and proclaim salvation to the nations (Isaiah 52:7).
- Pray God will raise up watchmen in the mountain of media who will lift their voices with shouts of joy when the Lord makes Himself known to a people (Isaiah 52:7).
- Pray that those who issue warnings to God’s people will cause them to turn away from sin and evil (Ezekiel 3:16–21).
- Pray God will call and send forth godly reporters, who will refute every evil word spoken against God’s people, in a broader public arena (Isaiah 54:17).
- Pray God will call men and women to the sphere of media who will report the truth with integrity.
21 Days of Ekballo
Ekballo is the Greek word, meaning “to be thrust forth.” Jesus uses this word in Mathew 9:38 when he says: “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field.” He is saying ekballo laborers or workers. Pray they will be “thrust forth” into the harvest field.
We challenge you to live as laborers of Jesus and be ekballo-ed into your community for the next 21 days! The following guide gives practical suggestions to do simple things to make a change. Each day’s suggestions are to be repeated every week.
Day 1—Family: September 11, 18, 25
Ø Contact a family member, whether near or far, and tell them you love them. Forgive any past wrongs and bless them by praying for them throughout the day.
o “We love because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19).
o “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).
Day 2—Marketplace: September 12, 19, 26
Ø Going grocery shopping today? Stopping by the YMCA? Be EKBALLO-ED and be Jesus to someone! Whether they are your cashier, waiter, or a stranger, say a kind word, thank them, share a smile, and show them you care and they are appreciated. Let them know they are of value. Buy someone groceries; ask someone if they need prayer; tell someone they are beautiful.
o “Freely you have received, freely give” (Matthew 10:8).
Day 3—Education: September 13, 20, 27
Ø Find a teacher, professor, or student of any age and encourage them to be faithful, to press on, and to have hope for the education system in America. Encourage them to remember one person really can make a difference! Pray short prayers for that person throughout the day and ask God to use them to bless the educational system in the United States.
o “. . . May you have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Ephesians 3:18).
Day 4—Arts and Entertainment: September 14, 21, 28
Ø Take a break from the time you usually spend watching TV or surfing the Internet and use that time to pray for entertainers, musicians, and athletes in America.
o “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 1:11–12).
Day 5—Religion/Church: September 15, 22, 29
Ø Think of the last church or church member you criticized and flip that criticism into a blessing. Find three people in that church for whom you are grateful and love them as Christ loves His bride. Pray a minimum of three minutes for the pastor and congregation to receive continued knowledge of Jesus and His love.
o “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy” (Ephesians 5:25–26).
o “Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ . . .” (1 Corinthians 12:12–26)
Day 6—Government: September 16, 23, 30
Ø Pray for governmental leaders in America, specifically for those in your city/county/state, to experience the love of Jesus and to lead our nation back to God. Instead of cursing with critical words, pray blessings over them. Pray for righteous and just laws to be established in this land, and pray for our leaders to follow the leadership of Jesus. Express your appreciation to someone in government verbally or through an email.
o “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:1–4).
Day 7—Media: September 17, 24, October 1
Ø Make a difference in someone’s life today by using social media. Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, or email a testimony of what God has done in your life and how he saved you. Share a scripture or a personal message with someone via social media and let people know of Jesus’ perfect love.
o “Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8).
o “’Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.’ And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him” (Luke 8:39).
Suggested Ekballo Service Projects
Ø Volunteer to help serve meals or do cleaning and repairs at a local emergency shelter or ministry for the homeless.
Ø Assist with fund-raising efforts or other volunteer needs at a local pregnancy care center, drug rehabilitation program, free medical clinic, etc.
Ø Organize a “car care” day for single moms and widows.
Ø Organize a lawn service day for the elderly.
Ø Organize a city cleaning project for a local park, community center or other public venue.
Ø Use your imagination and ask God to show you creative ways to visibly impact your community for Christ.
1 Os Hillman, Change Agent: Engaging Your Passion To Be The One
Who Makes A Difference, (Charisma House, Lake Mary, FL, 2011) p. 7.
Christ is the Savior – Awaken to it America
John R. Houk
© August 2, 2014
Twenty Indicators of a Spiritual Awakening
Seven Days/Seven Mountains of Culture
Great Article from Awakening America Blog: