Intro by John R. Houk, Blog Editor
Intro © July 21, 2026
24 The man of many friends [a friend of all the world] will prove himself a bad friend, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. -- Proverbs 18: 24 AMPC
On July 9, I posted an email from Shamim Mahmood on my Blogs – HERE’S THE SUBSTACK VERSION. I shared how Shamim was my info conduit about the horrible treatment and persecution of Christians in Pakistan. You can go to that post for ways of reading some of those posts which stretch over a decade in a timeframe.
PHOTO: Shamim Mahmood writing as Shamim Masih 2/6/16 (From SlantRight 2.0 posted 2/10/16)
I had asked Shamim to share his journey which has led him to reside in the USA for his own personal safety. Shamim has indicated he will share his journey in what he calls a Chapter form. Below is one of those chapters in which his Email Subject is “LUCK”.
JRH 7/21/26
ALWAYS FREE TO READ yet READER SUPPORTED!
PLEASE! I need more Patriots to step up. I need Readers to chip in $5 - $10 - $25 - $50 - $100 (PAYPAL or CARD - one-time or recurring). YOUR generosity is APPRECIATED. PLEASE GIVE to Help me be a voice for Liberty:
Big Tech Censorship is pervasive – Share voluminously on all social media platforms!
Our Senior Citizen Family Supplements our income. Diana & I endorse Magic Functional Coffee and Matcha Tea. It’s MAGIC because there is a weight loss or weight control emphasis among other wellbeing benefits. Clicking the Diana Wellness Store will take you to the online store. CLICK the BUY tab and/or JOIN tab. Joining means you get COFFEE discount, can operate your store and recruit your own business & customers. Decide on a level to enter to Network your own Store. DRINK COFFEE and/or MAKE MONEY!:
https://dianawellnessstore.com
***************************
LUCK
By Shamim Mahmood
Originally Sent: July 16, 2026 8:55 PM
I don't know whether it is appropriate to share all of this with everyone, but I have decided to say it anyway.
I often feel that I am not where I am supposed to be in life, and that what I am doing does not truly match my temperament or aspirations. I often wonder about those people who seem to receive opportunities at the right time and achieve their goals when it matters most. As for me, it seems that my destiny has been one of constant struggle, and I do not know how much longer that journey will continue.
Being born into a poor family meant that the only way to move forward was through relentless hard work. On top of that, being a follower of a minority religion in an Islamic country meant having to work twice as hard as the average person just to achieve the same opportunities. That has been my reality throughout life.
Although I eventually made it to the United States at the age of fifty—a significant achievement for someone from Pakistan—I found myself facing challenges I had never imagined. I don’t mind to do anything but of course, adapting to a completely different environment, culture, social norms, and way of life, while living alone, has made life feel more like something to endure than to truly live.
(Before describing my present circumstances, let me first share a little about my past.)
Despite earning a bachelor's degree, I was not able to secure a suitable job. For seven years, I worked in a low-level position under a supervisor who was less educated than I was. I tolerated unfair treatment in the hope that my dedication would eventually earn me a promotion, but that day never came.
During that time, I tried to change my circumstances, but fate seemed unwilling to cooperate. Since life appeared determined to challenge me, I decided to confront those challenges head-on.
Eventually, I found a position in a private company. At first, everything seemed promising. However, in Pakistan, it often feels as though whenever a private business begins to succeed, government regulations and bureaucratic obstacles start to emerge. Ordinary workers are usually the first to suffer the consequences, and people like me, at the lower end of the professional ladder, are affected the most. That is exactly what happened.
The next few years were spent trying to recover. Just as things began to improve, another setback struck, and several more years were lost dealing with yet another crisis. During those difficult times, I saw people's true faces. Even so, I never confronted anyone or reminded them of what I had done for them. What I have never understood is why people are so quick to point out what others owe them, yet so easily forget the kindness and support they themselves have received.
Nevertheless, I gathered my courage once again and tried to put my life back on track. What I endured during that period is beyond words. (If the opportunity arises, I will write about those experiences separately.)
After several years of hard work, life gradually became more stable, but prosperity remained out of reach. It always felt as though whenever I managed to cover one need, another was left unattended.
After nearly ten to twelve years of relentless effort without achieving the breakthrough I had hoped for, I decided to try my luck abroad. Having worked in the diplomatic community for several years, obtaining a U.S. visa was still difficult. And, meeting all the financial and procedural requirements of the visa process was a significant challenge.
Whether it was negligence on my part or simply the burden of trying to manage the expenses, I was unable to obtain visas for my children. I did, however, secure my own visa. Four years ago, I left for the United States in search of a better future—a journey that is still continuing today. There is a story about my experiences in the US. (Continue) …
Shamim Mahmood

No comments:
Post a Comment