DONATE

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Thoughts on Same-Sex Marriage & Nobel for Pastor Mulinde

Pastor Umar Mulinde – 2011 – BEFORE Muslim Acid Attack

John R. Houk
© September 1, 2015

Elsa sent a World Truth Summit email update on Sunday and I managed to get to it today on Tuesday. She starts her email with the heart of her update which is support for Ugandan Pastor Umar Mulinde who was persecuted by Muslims by getting an acid bath in his faith. I concur with Elsa that Pastor Mulinde deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for standing for his Christian faith in the midst of intolerant Islamic hatred. Then Elsa proceeds about some flack she received for defending same-sex marriage. I don’t agree on homosexuality but I do agree on Pastor Mulinde.

Below is the beginning of an email reply I sent to Elsa on the same-sex issue which I follow with some supportive thoughts on Pastor Mulinde. Then following all my thoughts I am cross posting Elsa’s email alert.

Elsa I am probably an insignificant among your subscribers. But here’s my two cents anyway.

I’m as a Christian Right Conservative as much as I am Counterjihad supporter. In saying that I am definitely not one who is pleased you are a supporter of homosexual same-sex marriage. Indeed I am not a supporter of anything the Bible condemns and that means the entire lifestyle of homosexuality and that group’s fight for equal rights as in a special recognition as a separate but equal cultural subset.

On the other hand I am an American that believes in the U.S. Constitution and the Rights specified in the Bill of Rights to be applied according to their Original Intent. As such homosexuals that are American citizens should be afforded the same rights as any other American citizen. This is not a call to support the homosexual agenda (which has been unfortunately quite successful) but rather to recognize any American as an American with Constitutional Rights. What people do in the privacy of their home (heterosexual or homosexual) is no one’s business if doesn’t impose on the Rights on another citizen. As long as sin is not against the law, be a sinner. Choosing a sin lifestyle or choosing spiritual death is both a Constitutional Right and a choice offered to all by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In Christianity the instant death in this required by the Law of Moses is suspended to be answered for in the Last Judgment according to how one accepts and believes in Jesus Christ the Risen Savior. Jesus doesn’t end the Law, He fulfills it. Jesus came to Save sinners and His Atoning Blood is available in this life right up to a sincere repenter’s last breath.

In the matter of same-sex marriage: For me there is no way around the fact that marriage is a religious oath of fidelity. As far as the Bible informs then, same-sex marriage should not be performed or accepted by Christians. However, a civil union as in a defined and binding contract is Constitutional according to even Original Intent and a matter of choosing Life in Christ or death in the Last Judgment with Satan and his deceived minions. Christians should never give up on showing a person lost in sin the Light of Christ and the path to eternal redemption.

Now to Pastor Umar Mulinde. His story is an amazing one: A former Muslim who found Jesus Christ the Savior, became a powerful preaching Pastor in Uganda, victimized by Muslims intolerant of converting to Christianity with acid in the face and treated free at an Israeli hospital essentially saving Pastor Mulinde’s life.



Published by Maoz Israel 
Published on May 6, 2012 
 On Christmas Eve 2011, two Muslim terrorists threw acid in the face of Ugandan Pastor Umar Mulinde. This video shares his amazing story of coming to faith, reaching other Muslims and how he ended up in Israel to receive medical treatment. Maoz Israel and our partners are paying for his hotel and meals, while he receives outpatient medical treatment in Tel Aviv. If you would like to help this dear man of God, you can go to www.MaozIsrael.org/Mulinde [Blog Editor: Link not found. HERE is MaozIsrael.org article about Pastor Mulinde posted in May 2012] to make a contribution. Please pray for Pastor Umar, that he will know the next step for him and his family in their journey with Yeshua.

Elsa’s email is primarily about getting Pastor Umar Mulinde on the nomination list for the next Nobel Peace Prize. I fully support that thought.

Elsa notes in her email that the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize was won (or actually shared) by young Malala Yousafzay. Young Malala was the Muslim girl from Pakistan whose life (actually shot) was threatened by the Taliban for daring to be a female getting an education.

After winner her portion of the prize money Malala committed to donate $50,000.00 to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) which is essentially a fund conduit to the Islamic Terrorists known as Hamas which control Gaza like a sovereign nation. Hamas is the same organization of Islamic Terrorists committed to wiping Israel off the map and kill Jews – not only Jewish men but also Jewish women and children.

Pamela Geller writes this about the Muslim heroine for education for Muslim girls:

When a UNRWA school that Malala funds is discovered to be storing weapons to kill Jews, will she apologize? Don’t hold your breath. 
 Hamas is the Taliban. I am sure Malala’s $50,000 will be used by Hamas to acquire more deadly rockets to slaughter Jews. Well done, Malala. 
 Malala would do well to fund an education initiative dedicated to expunging Islamic texts and teachings that command jihad, misogyny, oppression and subjugation of non-Muslims and heretics with a particular emphasis on the sharia ban on non-Islamic education. It was why she was shot in the head. 
 Islamic Jew-hatred: even more powerful than a bullet to the brain. (Malala donates $50,000 to rebuilding Gaza schools; By Pamela Geller; PamelaGeller.com (Atlas Shrugs); 10/29/14)

Yup, I have a problem with that and you should too.

Get involved with Elsa’s petition to get persecuted by Muslims Pastor Umar Mulinde a Christian man and preacher.

JRH 9/1/15
***********************
Honor Umar Mulinde - we stand with this man

Sent: 8/30/2015 4:14 PM
Sent via World Truth Summit

The last time I wrote, I knew many of you would disagree with my view on gay marriage. I'll come to that.

But first, this time I'm sure we agree: honor Umar Mulinde, Christian pastor and bishop, ex-Muslim, acid burned. 


I first heard of him in late 2012. It was at the time when Malala was front page news. Malala, the Muslim girl shot by other Muslims (called Taliban, not Muslim, in the mainstream media). She was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Umar gripped my attention at least as much, but wasn't mentioned by the mainstream media.

My response: I set up an online petition, a small website, and a Facebook page. I did all I could to get the word out. The petition closed, in 2013, with 1,012 signatures.

Malala went on - as expected - to get the Nobel Peace Prize. And as is not surprising to most counter-jihadis, she has given a considerable portion of the prize money to the so-called Palestinians, disregarding the tunnels that had been built into Israel from Gaza targeting children at a day care, children who would have been murdered in cold blood had the tunnels not been discovered.

Time has gone by.

A few days ago I finished a short video celebrating Umar Mulinde.



Published by Creativity Emporium
Published on Aug 26, 2015

Over the past couple of days, I've updated the site, Nominate Now. 


And I've re-opened the petition, which you can access from the site, or directly here.

I don't know if the response will be larger now than in 2012. I know there's more awareness of Christian persecution by Islam, and more awareness - largely courtesy of ISIS - of the content of Islam re non-Islamics.

We will see.

Malala, in the mainstream media, seemed to stand for "Muslims" - as the mainstream media wanted Westerners to see "true Muslims."

Perhaps, if enough of us take action, Umar may come to stand - truthfully - for all those persecuted by Islam. 

I don't, by the way, hold out the hope that he will actually get the Nobel Peace Prize - unless someone with the stature of Donald Trump takes up his cause!!!

And now I will come back to the response to my piece saying that I don't see how permitting gay marriage threatens marriage. A few people wrote comments like, brilliant! They were in the minority. I also had a couple of thoughtful responses against gay marriage. Again, these were in the minority. I've never had so many people cancel - including people who have been getting the updates for 3 years, since I started the initial interview series. Several cancelled with comments like: "God says homosexuality is a sin. Just what don't you understand?"

I could have answered that we don't all believe in the same god. Quite a few of us don't believe in any cosmic force.

But that would have been a response to the words, not to the emotion.

What I saw most was that my not being against gay marriage touched what I might call a hot button, often a hot anger button. Game over. Get out now. No more updates ever.

Nothing else counted.

What comes to mind, for me, is the rage of some Southerners at the forced integration of white schools in the early 1960's. One incident stands out for me: hundreds of whites lining the sidewalk as 2 10-year-old black girls walked to a previously all-white school. The black girls only got safely to school because National Guard troops held back the taunting whites.

Note: as I mentioned last time, I'm against forcing any religion to perform marriages it disapproves of. And I will add here: I'm against destroying the livelihood of people who don't want to bake wedding cakes or provide flowers for gay weddings. I think of conscientious objectors who will not serve in the army because of their convictions. I was always in favor of their being allowed to follow their conscience without penalty. It doesn't make sense, for something much smaller like refusing to bake a cake, to fine conscientious objectors $100,000. (I know this is a complex issue - one for another time.)

I will come back to that hot button around gay marriage another time.

Right now you may be asking: what am I doing, standing up for Umar Mulinde?

You may also be asking: how does he stand on gay rights?

My answer: I don't know.

The motivation, for me, is caring about human rights and freedoms, including the human right to safety. I think it is utterly vital that we do that.

As always, comments welcome.

To life and to love - l'chaim and l'ahavah,

Elsa 

PS. A couple of news items which show major differences re human rights in Canadian political parties [Blog Editor: Elsa is Canadian]:

A Liberal candidate wishes an Israel supporter had been aborted with a coat hanger. That Liberal candidate has since stepped down, but I did not notice mainstream castigation. 


PPS. Yet one more example of mainstream media bias. As noted at TheRebel.media, there was a lot of mainstream media criticism of the Conservative government when funding was cut off from the Canadian Arab Federation, and there was also coverage on the Federation's suing of Jason Kenney, the minister in charge. But now that Jason Kenney has won, there is general media silence.

PPPS. For a quick look at my ethics:
http://elsasemporium.com/reality-based-ethics.html

_______________________
My Thoughts on Same-Sex Marriage & Nobel for Pastor Mulinde
John R. Houk
© September 1, 2015
______________________
Honor Umar Mulinde - we stand with this man

© Elsa Schieder


No comments:

Post a Comment