DONATE

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Justifying Homosexuality with ‘Love your Enemies’?

Marcus Hardie at UC Hastings College of Law

John R. Houk
© August 8, 2015

Charles Mark Hardie responds to the cross post "This is Why we Call the Gay Lobby Fascist!" in which I offered a pro-Bible/pro-author introduction. My cross post is date 3/11/15 and author Matt Barber's original post was 3/10/15. Mr. Hardie's comment was posted 8/7/15. It took Mr. Hardie nearly five months to find or respond on my blog. I suspect the case was more like to find. Barber's criticism (and my concurrence) has to do with Mr. Hardie's defense of the homosexual lifestyle.

This is how I'm handling Mr. Hardie's self-justification. I'll start with his comment. Follow the comment with a snapshot of his profile. And then following the profile with a short refutation of his self-justification.

This is his comment:

A FIGHTER FOR FAITH-BASED VALUESMark Charles HardieAugust 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM 
 My name is Mark Charles Hardie. I wrote the essay "Gay People Are Gods" [HuffPo Link to original article] which was published on "The Huffington Post". I wish to articulate a few things clearly and absolutely: (1) I believe in Almighty God (2) I believe that God created the universe (3) I am a man of unbreakable faith (4) I have always been a faith-based leader (5) I believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Savior (6) I believe that the Holy Bible should be promoted in America and throughout the world (7) I am both a Roman Catholic and a member of the Jewish community. 
 In my essay, I meant to write "Gay People Are God's" which would mean something like "Gay People Are Children of God" or "Gay People Belong To God". In other worlds, I meant to say that God Almighty created all human beingsboth gay and straight. Jesus of Nazareth says, "Love your enemies". I think Jesus wanted to open our hearts to people who may seem different. I was speaking of radical Godly compassion. 
 In my opinion, the United States of America needs to turn to God in order to remain a strong country. The Christian faith is the foundation and bedrock of American society. Christianity is American culture, period. 

In order for America to stand against our enemies, America must stand with the Lord. 
 While the mainstream media focuses solely on the issues of democracy and freedom, the mainstream media ignores the issues of faith, responsibility, and spiritual discipline. As leader, I will baptize America not only with water, but I will baptize America with the Holy Spirit and fire. I will cleanse this world with flame in the name of the Cross. 
 I am a candidate for both President of the United States and United States Senator representing California. When I am elected to both offices in 2016, I will not accept the US Senate seat. I will bring America back to trust in God. I will promote God Almighty among our allies by engaging in a speaking tour of churches in Europe. I call upon the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to launch a "Christian Crusade Against Terrorism & Extremism". 
 Finally, my foreign policy is based upon the following hymn: "Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus, going on before". 
 Let us raise the banner of our Lord and place "Mark Charles Hardie" in the White House. 
 Thank you.May God bless America++ 
 Mark Charles HardieAugust 7, 2015 at 9:54 AM 
 "I wish to articulate a few things clearly" is what the first paragraph should have said. 
 Thank you.Mark Charles Hardie

[Blog Editor: Mr. Hardie and have edited the first paragraph in the first comment with your correct phrasing articulated just above. For the sake of the readers this is what the original wording was: "I wish to say articulate a things clearly".]

I decided to do a little Google investigating of Mark Charles Hardie. Not a lot comes up. He does have an Amazon page with several book titles that have odd names. Here is Mr. Hardie's HuffPo bio:

My name is Mark Charles Hardie. I am a candidate for president of the United States of America. Also, I am a candidate for United States Senator representing California (2016). 

I have invited former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, former Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, and former United States Senator Jim DeMint to serve on my global security team.  

I propose the development and deployment of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) to enhance America's nuclear triad. SDI is colloquially known as "Star Wars". It was publicly proposed by President Ronald Reagan in 1983. 

I am in the process of creating the "Department of American Strategic Defense" to focus on SDI and other classified matters. I have invited Mr. Charlie McMillian, director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and Mr. Bill Goldstein, director of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory to serve as strategic scientific consultants in the new department. 

I have formed an organization called "A Trillion Points of Light" to raise awareness of social justice, fundamental fairness, and reduce poverty. 

I believe "The Huffington Post" and "Arianna Huffington" are revolutionizing the world by internationalizing and democratizing news and information.

Here are some excerpts from Mr. Hardie's LinkedIn page:

Candidate, President of the United States 2016; Candidate for United States Senator (Democrat) 
  
 BackgroundSummary 
 I am a candidate for President of the United States and United States Senator representing California. Current Senator Barbara Boxer recently announced that she will not seek re-election. 

If elected both President and US Senator in 2016, I will not accept the US Senate seat. 

I am a blogger on "The Huffington Post", which is the #1 blog in America. 

MARK HARDIE FOR A STRONG & HARDY AMERICA
 

"What Americans can dream, Americans can do."
 

MARK HARDIE FOR A STRONG & HARDY AMERICA 

"What Americans can dream, Americans can do." 

*Hardie is strong on national and international defense and global security 

*Hardie supports the United States becoming an "associate member" of the European Union


*Tough on crime---however--prison inmates are to be educated and rehabilitated 

*Hardie will increase jobs, reduce unemployment, and promote a pro-business agenda 

*Hardie supports "Mark Hardie's Dialogue with White America" to improve human relations 


*Hardie supports the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) also known as "Star Wars" 

*Hardie will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow to improve relations 

*Strongly supports "Hardie Helps the Homeless Plan" (HHHP) in order to help the poor 


*Hardie supports "Lean in Circle" by Sheryl Sandberg and protects freedom for women 


*Hardie strongly supports education and salary increases for teachers. 

"I believe that the starting salary for public school teachers should be $100,000 per year. I think teachers should be paid as much as Wall Street bankers. I will work with teachers unions throughout the United States on raising salaries." 

The biased mainstream media---including all major newspapers and TV channels in California--have unfairly ignored Mark Charles Hardie's campaign. 

Candidate Photo
  
Experience 
  
 Soldier
United States Army 
 March 2005  January 2008 (2 years 11 months) Ft. Leonard Wood
Soldier in the United States Army. Underwent basic training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Earned National Defense Service Medal from the Pentagon for support of the Global War on Terror. 
  
 Anti-Terror CommandoIsrael Defense Forces 
 July 2000  June 2004 (4 years) Tel Aviv, Israel
I was an anti-terror commando in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). 
Public Affairs Assistant 
Mayor of Jerusalem Ehud Olmert  
February 2000  August 2000 (7 months) Jerusalem
I drafted English-language speeches for Mayor of Jerusalem and future Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. Attended Likud Party meeting with Rafi Bar Hen. Worked under the supervision of Jerusalem Spokesperson Haggai Elias.  
Public Affairs Intern 
US Senator Barbara Boxer 
 February 1999  July 1999 (6 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
I met with Senator Boxer on several occasions to discuss policy. I organized and attended press conferences with Senator Boxer. 
 Special Assistant to the Governor & Staff Attorney, Governor's Office of Legal Affairs 
Office of the Governor of California (Hon. Pete Wilson) 
 July 1997  January 1999 (1 year 7 months) Sacramento, California Area
*Drafted speeches for Governor of California*Organized press conferences for Chief Executive*Met with federal, state, and local political leaders*Organized fundraisers and private meetings*Conducted legal research and wrote legal briefs  
Public Affairs Intern 
Israeli Consulate General 
 January 1997  June 1997 (6 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Served as assistant to Shira Skloot, Public Affairs Official. Drafted press releases. Worked on projects with Vice Consul Eran Etzion... Drafted English-language speeches and statements for staff. 
 Friendly Visitor Volunteer 
San Francisco Jewish Home of the Aged 
 October 1994  June 1997 (2 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Visited with elderly residents of the home for the elderly. Organized social events and games for residents. Drafted personal letters and correspondence for residents. Volunteered on special program for Holocaust survivors.

Here is a curious paragraph from Mark Charles Hardie's Youtube About Page:

My name is Mark Charles Hardie. I am an attorney and human rights activist. I have lived in the State of Israel and the Palestinian Authority for nearly 6 years. I have also visited Za'atari Refugee Camp in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Baka Palestinian Refugee Camp in Jordan.

If you speak "Hebrew" you might want to listen to this 1:52 length Youtube video made by Mr. Hardie dressed somewhat like a Rabbi. I caught words like "Oslo" leading me to guess he is speaking of the Oslo Accords which has set the stage for the fake Palestinian people to steal Jewish land for an illegitimate Muslim state to be called Palestine. Aside from my guess (wrongly or rightly) he is a pro-Palestinian supporting the Jewish-Left paradigm that land for peace will work, the description portion of this video is campaign assertion that sounds like an active imagination:

Published on Feb 22, 2015 
My name is Mark Charles Hardie. I am a candidate for president of the United States of America. Also, I am a candidate for United States Senator representing California (2016). 

I have invited former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, former Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, and former United States Senator Jim DeMint to serve on my global security team.  

I propose the development and deployment of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) to enhance America's nuclear triad. SDI is colloquially known as "Star Wars". It was publicly proposed by President Ronald Reagan in 1983. 

I am in the process of creating the "Department of American Strategic Defense" to focus on SDI and other critical matters. I have invited Mr. Charlie McMillian, director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and Mr. Bill Goldstein, director of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory to serve as strategic scientific consultants in the new department. Contact: 

Hardie for US Senate 
PO Box 102 
Whittier, California 90608 USA 
Email: cityofmontpelier@gmail.com

Screen Capture of Hardie speaking Hebrew

Hmm Let's guess a summary of Mark Charles Hardie's profile: He's a Left Wing globalist, tries to attract clueless Conservative voters with a Star Wars defense umbrella and an undefined pro-business stand, yet Leftist clarity emerges in undefined agendas to rehabilitate everyone in prison, mysteriously take care of the homeless poor, mysteriously believes he can push through a hundred grand annual salary for school teachers, continuing the Obama dialogue for global peace, have African-Americans dialogue with "White" Americans for better race relations, paints a picture of being Jewish and pro-Israel yet sympathizes with illegitimate Palestinian-Arabs.

Then note again Mr. Hardie's assertions of being a bona fide Christian with the unbiblical belief that "Love Your Enemies" erases God Almighty's pronouncement that homosexuality is an abomination in His sight.

(1) I believe in Almighty God

(2) I believe that God created the universe

(3) I am a man of unbreakable faith

(4) I have always been a faith-based leader

(5) I believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Savior

(6) I believe that the Holy Bible should be promoted in America and throughout the world

(7) I am both a Roman Catholic and a member of the Jewish community.

With this great sounding list of beliefs he cancels the legitimacy with words such as this:

"Jesus of Nazareth says, 'Love your enemies'. I think Jesus wanted to open our hearts to people who may seem different. I was speaking of radical Godly compassion."

The context of "Love your enemies" is when "enemies" do you harm out of wicked thinking, vicious intent or just plain Christ-faith hatred. The "Love" here has nothing to do with validating sin, but rather being an example to overcome sin and evil with good. Part of "good" is living a God-kind-of-life not a sin-kind-of-life. Homosexuality is a sin.

Christians are not to embrace homosexuality but rather to show a person how to overcome darkness with light. Just for clarity "light" is not an act or acts of violence against a practicing homosexual because he has chosen an ungodly lifestyle. A Christian is to share the Good News of deliverance from bondage to acceptance of a wicked generation. Any person rejecting Christ's Good News is to be treated with respect but by kicking the dust of their dwelling off your feet moving on to separate yourself from the practitioner of darkness.

The words of Jesus Christ the Son of God, Savior and Messiah:

11 "Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city! (Matthew 10:11-15 NKJV)

Matt Barber's criticism of Mark Charles Hardie still stands. Be advised not to vote for deceptive candidates who share tidbits acceptable to most but abrogate the same acceptable tidbits with ungodly beliefs and despotic big government Left Wing utopianism.

JRH 8/8/15



No comments:

Post a Comment