DONATE

Friday, August 28, 2015

Beheading in Islam


In Christianity when one thinks of the Cross one should first of all understand that Jesus Christ the Son of God (and the son of man via Mary) was condemned to do die on the Cross convicted of crimes He did not commit. This the Son of God’s sacrifice and redemption price as the only sinless man to restore all believing humanity to the Presence of God. Too often early Christians suffered the same fate as Christ on the Cross. In most cases not voluntarily but as lawbreakers adhering to their faith rather than submitting to the polytheism of the then Roman Empire. TODAY Christians under the control of the ISIS/Daesh Islamic State are being crucified for their faith.

In Islam TODAY the symbol that epitomizes lack of submission to that theopolitical faith is beheading. Below is a four and a half minute video of Bill Warner explaining how beheading is part and parcel to the very nature of Islam. After the video I am cross posting Warner’s link that shows Islamic revered writings – Quran, Hadith and Sira - glorifying beheadings.

JRH 8/28/15
****************************
Beheading in Islam

August 11, 2015

When you hear of beheading, do you assume that Islam is involved? Beheading is an integral part of Islam. Mohammed repeatedly ordered people beheaded and the Koran even includes beheading. Beheading is threatened to settle arguments about Islam. Men were threatened with beheading if they did not become a Muslim. Beheading is mentioned nine times in the Hadith of Bukhari, once in the Koran and 41 times in the Sira. Beheading is recommended and common in the doctrine of Islam.



Published by Political Islam
Published on Aug 11, 2015



+++
Beheading in the Koran, Sira and Hadith

Beheadings in the hadiths of Bukhari
Nine (9) references

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 437:
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:

Then the Prophet said to him, “I have kept something (in my mind) for you, (can you tell me that?)” Ibn Saiyad said, “It is Al-Dukh (the smoke).” (2) The Prophet said, “Let you be in ignominy. You cannot cross your limits.” On that ‘Umar, said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off.” The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “If he is he (i.e. Dajjal), then you cannot over-power him, and if he is not, then there is no use of murdering him.” (Ibn ‘Umar added): Later on Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) once again went along with Ubai bin Ka’b to the date-palm trees (garden) where Ibn Saiyad was staying. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) wanted to hear something from Ibn Saiyad before Ibn Saiyad could see him, and the Prophet (p.b.u.h) saw him lying covered with a sheet and from where his murmurs were heard. Ibn Saiyad’s mother saw Allah’s Apostle while he was hiding himself behind the trunks of the date-palm trees. She addressed Ibn Saiyad, “O Saf! (and this was the name of Ibn Saiyad) Here is Muhammad.” And with that Ibn Saiyad got up. The Prophet said, “Had this woman left him (Had she not disturbed him), then Ibn Saiyad would have revealed the reality of his case.


Volume 3, Book 48, Number 829:
Narrated Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) “Whenever Allah’s Apostle intended to go on a journey, he would draw lots amongst his wives and would take with him the one upon whom the lot fell. During a Ghazwa of his, he drew lots amongst us and the lot fell upon me, and I proceeded with him after Allah had decreed the use of the veil by women. I was carried in a Howdah (on the camel) and dismounted while still in it. When Allah’s Apostle was through with his Ghazwa and returned home, and we approached the city of Medina, Allah’s Apostle ordered us to proceed at night. When the order of setting off was given, I walked till I was past the army to answer the call of nature.


By Allah, I know nothing about my family but good, and they have accused a person about whom I know nothing except good, and he never entered my house except in my company.’

Sad bin Mu’adh got up and said, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! by Allah, I will relieve you from him. If that man is from the tribe of the Aus, then we will chop his head off, and if he is from our brothers, the Khazraj, then order us, and we will fulfill your order.’ On that Sad bin ‘Ubada, the chief of the Khazraj and before this incident, he had been a pious man, got up, motivated by his zeal for his tribe and said, ‘By Allah, you have told a lie; you cannot kill him, and you will never be able to kill him.’ On that Usaid bin Al-Hadir got up and said (to Sad bin ‘Ubada), ‘By Allah! you are a liar. By Allah, we will kill him; and you are a hypocrite, defending the hypocrites.’ On this the two tribes of Aus and Khazraj got excited and were about to fight each other, while Allah’s Apostle was standing on the pulpit. He got down and quietened them till they became silent and he kept quiet. On that day I kept on weeping so much so that neither did my tears stop, nor could I sleep.


Volume 4, Book 52, Number 251:
Narrated ‘Ubaidullah bin Abi Rafi:

I heard ‘Ali saying, “Allah’s Apostle sent me, Az-Zubair and Al-Miqdad somewhere saying, ‘Proceed till you reach Rawdat Khakh. There you will find a lady with a letter. Take the letter from her.’ “So, we set out and our horses ran at full pace till we got at Ar-Rawda where we found the lady and said (to her). “Take out the letter.” She replied, “I have no letter with me.” We said, “Either you take out the letter or else we will take off your clothes.” So, she took it out of her braid. We brought the letter to Allah’s Apostle and it contained a statement from Hatib bin Abi Balta a to (sic) some of the Meccan pagans informing them of some of the intentions of Allah’s Apostle. Then Allah’s Apostle said, “O Hatib! What is this?” Hatib replied, “O Allah’s Apostle! Don’t hasten to give your judgment about me. I was a man closely connected with the Quraish, but I did not belong to this tribe, while the other emigrants with you, had their relatives in Mecca who would protect their dependents and property. So, I wanted to recompense for my lacking blood relation to them by doing them a favor so that they might protect my dependents. I did this neither because of disbelief not apostasy nor out of preferring Kufr (disbelief) to Islam.” Allah’s Apostle, said, “Hatib has told you the truth.” Umar said, O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop off the head of this hypocrite.” Allah’s Apostle said, “Hatib participated in the battle of Badr, and who knows, perhaps Allah has already looked at the Badr warriors and said, ‘Do whatever you like, for I have forgiven you.”


Volume 4, Book 52, Number 290d:
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:

Umar and a group of the companions of the Prophet set out with the Prophet to Ibn Saiyad. He found him playing with some boys near the hillocks of Bani Maghala. Ibn Saiyad at that time was nearing his puberty. He did not notice (the Prophet’s presence) till the Prophet stroked him on the back with his hand and said, “Ibn Saiyad! Do you testify that I am Allah’s Apostle?” Ibn Saiyad looked at him and said, “I testify that you are the Apostle of the illiterates.”

Then Ibn Saiyad asked the Prophet. “Do you testify that I am the apostle of Allah?” The Prophet said to him, “I believe in Allah and His Apostles.” Then the Prophet said (to Ibn Saiyad). “What do you see?” Ibn Saiyad replied, “True people and false ones visit me.” The Prophet said, “Your mind is confused as to this matter.” The Prophet added, “I have kept something (in my mind) for you.” Ibn Saiyad said, “It is Ad-Dukh.” The Prophet said (to him), “Shame be on you! You cannot cross your limits.” On that ‘Umar said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off.” The Prophet said, “If he should be him (i.e. Ad-Dajjal) then you cannot overpower him, and should he not be him, then you are not going to benefit by murdering him.”


Volume 4, Book 55, Number 558:
Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:

The Prophet said, “I have been made victorious with As-Saba (i.e. an easterly wind) and the people of ‘Ad were destroyed by Ad-Dabur (i.e. a westerly wind).” Narrated Abu Said: Ali sent a piece of gold to the Prophet who distributed it among four persons: Al-Aqra’ bin Habis Al-Hanzali from the tribe of Mujashi, ‘Uyaina bin Badr Al-Fazari, Zaid At-Ta’i who belonged to (the tribe of) Bani Nahban, and ‘Alqama bin Ulatha Al-’Amir who belonged to (the tribe of) Bani Kilab. So the Quraish and the Ansar became angry and said, “He (i.e. the Prophet,) gives the chief of Najd and does not give us.” The Prophet said, “I give them) so as to attract their hearts (to Islam).” Then a man with sunken eyes, prominent checks, a raised forehead, a thick beard and a shaven head, came (in front of the Prophet) and said, “Be afraid of Allah, O Muhammad!” The Prophet ‘said “Who would obey Allah if I disobeyed Him? (Is it fair that) Allah has trusted all the people of the earth to me while, you do not trust me?” Somebody who, I think was Khalid bin Al-Walid, requested the Prophet to let him chop that man’s head off, but he prevented him. When the man left, the Prophet said, “Among the off-spring of this man will be some who will recite the Qur’an but the Qur’an will not reach beyond their throats (i.e. they will recite like parrots and will not understand it nor act on it), and they will renegade from the religion as an arrow goes through the game’s body. They will kill the Muslims but will not disturb the idolaters. If I should live up to their time’ I will kill them as the people of ‘Ad were killed (i.e. I will kill all of them).”


Volume 4, Book 56, Number 807:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

While we were with Allah’s Apostle who was distributing (i.e. some property), there came Dhu-l-Khuwaisira, a man from the tribe of Bani Tamim and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Do Justice.” The Prophet said, “Woe to you! Who could do justice if I did not? I would be a desperate loser if I did not do justice.” ‘Umar said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off.” The Prophet said, “Leave him, for he has companions who pray and fast in such a way that you will consider your fasting negligible in comparison to theirs. They recite Qur’an but it does not go beyond their throats (i.e. they do not act on it) and they will desert Islam as an arrow goes through a victim’s body…


Volume 5, Book 57, Number 91:
Narrated Muhammad:

Anas bin Malik said, “The head of Al-Husain was brought to ‘Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of Al-Husain’s head and saying something about his handsome features.” Anas then said (to him), “Al-Husain resembled the Prophet more than the others did.” Anas added, “His (i.e. Al-Husain’s) hair was dyed with Wasma (i.e. a kind of plant used as a dye).”


Volume 5, Book 59, Number 399:
Narrated Jafar bin ‘Amr bin Umaiya:


I said, ‘I will go out to Musailamah so that I may kill him, and make amends for killing Hamza. So I went out with the people (to fight Musailamah and his followers) and then famous events took place concerning that battle. Suddenly I saw a man (i.e. Musailamah) standing near a gap in a wall. He looked like an ash-colored camel and his hair was dishevelled. So I threw my spear at him, driving it into his chest in between his breasts till it passed out through his shoulders, and then an Ansari man attacked him and struck him on the head with a sword. ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar said, ‘A slave girl on the roof of a house said: Alas! The chief of the believers (i.e. Musailamah) has been killed by a black slave.”


Volume 9, Book 93, Number 512:
Narrated Al-Mughira:

Sa’d bin ‘Ubada said, “If I saw a man with my wife, I would strike him (behead him) with the blade of my sword.” This news reached Allah’s Apostle who then said, “You people are astonished at Sa’d’s Ghira. By Allah, I have more Ghira than he, and Allah has more Ghira than I, and because of Allah’s Ghira, He has made unlawful Shameful deeds and sins (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) done in open and in secret. And there is none who likes that the people should repent to Him and beg His pardon than Allah, and for this reason He sent the warners and the givers of good news. And there is none who likes to be praised more than Allah does, and for this reason, Allah promised to grant Paradise (to the doers of good).” ‘Abdul Malik said, “No person has more Ghira than Allah.”

Beheadings in the Sira -- The Life of Mohammed, A. Guillaume, Oxford University Press, 1982

Fourty-one (41) references

Abu Bakr was enraged and hit Finhas hard in the face, saying, ‘Were it not for the treaty between us I would cut off your head, you enemy of Allah!’ Finhas immediately went to the apostle and said, ‘Look, Muhammad, at what your companion has done.’ The apostle asked Abu Bakr what had impelled him to do such a thing and he answered: ‘The enemy of Allah spoke blasphemy. He alleged that Allah was poor and that they were rich and I was so angry that I hit his face.’ Finhas contradicted this and denied that he had said it, so Allah sent down refuting him and confirming what Abu Bakr had said: ‘Allah has heard the speech of those who say: “Allah is poor and we are rich.” We shall write what they say and their killing the prophets wrongfully and we shall say, Taste the punishment of burning.’- Page 263


This saying reached the apostle’s ears and he said to ‘Umar, ‘O Abu Hafs’-and ‘Umar said that this was the first time the apostle called him by this honorific-’ought the face of the apostle’s uncle to be marked with the sword?’ ‘Umar replied, ‘Let me off with his head! By God, the man is a false Muslim.’2 Abu Hudhayfa used to say, ‘I never felt safe after my words that day. I was always afraid unless martyrdom atoned for them.’ He was killed as a martyr in the battle of al-Yamama. - Page 301


My father Ishaq b. Yasar from men of B. Mazin b. Al-Najjar from Abu Da’ud al-Mazini, who was at Badr, told me: ‘I was pursuing a polytheist at Badr to smite him, when his head fell off before I could get at him with my sword, and I knew that someone else had killed him.’ - Page 303


Mu’awwidh b. ‘Afra’ passed Abu Jahl as he lay there helpless and smote him until he left him at his last gasp. He himself went on fighting until he was killed. Then ‘Abdullah b. Mas’ud passed by Abu Jahl when the apostle had ordered that he was to be searched for among the slain. I have heard that the apostle had told them that if he was hidden among the corpses they were to look for the trace of a scar on his knee. When they both were young they had been pressed together at the table of ‘Abdullah b. Jud’an. He was thinner than Abu Jahl and he gave him a push which sent him to his knees and one of them was scratched so deeply that it left a permanent scar. ‘Abdullah b. Mas’ud said that he found him at his last gasp and put his foot on his neck (for he had once clawed at him and punched him in Mecca), and said to him: ‘Has God put you to shame, you enemy of God?’ He replied ‘How has He shamed me? Am I anything more remarkable than a man you have killed?’ Tell me how the battle went. He told him that it went in favor of God and His apostle (374).

Men of B. Makhzum assert that Ibn Mas’ud used to say: He said to me, ‘You have climbed high, you little shepherd.’ Then I cut off his head and brought it to the apostle saying, ‘This is the head of the enemy of God, Abu Jahl.’ He said, ‘By God than Whom there is no other, is it?’ (This used to be his oath.) , Yes,’ I said, and I threw his head before the apostle and he gave thanks to God - Page 304


Then God said, ‘Then thy Lord revealed to the angels, I am with you so strengthen those that believe.’ i.e. help those that believe.

‘I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, so strike off their heads and cut off all their fingers, because they opposed God and His apostle and he who opposes God and His apostle (will find)God severe in punishment.’

Then He said, ‘O you who believe, when you meet those who disbelieve on the march, do not turn your backs. He who turns his back except in maneuvering or intending to join another section, incurs the wrath of God, and his destination is Hell, a miserable end.’ i.e. Inciting them against their enemy so that they should not withdraw from them when they met them, God having promised what He had promised. - Page 322


f B. Makhzum b. Yaaza: Abu Taw b. Hisham (Mu’adh b. ‘Ami struck off his leg. His son ‘Ikrima struck off Mu’adh’s hand and he threw it from him; then Mu’awwidh b. ‘Afra’ struck him so that he disabled him leaving him at the last gasp; then ‘Abdullah b. Mas’ud quickly dispatched him and cut off his head when the apostle ordered that search should be made among the slain for him); and al-’.As b. Hisham whom ‘Umar killed; and Yazid b. ‘Abdullah, an ally from B. Tamim (511); and Abu Musafi’ al-A. - Page 338


When we met there was no way out
Save with a thrust from dun-colored straight-fashioned shafts
And a blow with swords which severed their heads,
Swords that glittered as they smote.
We left the erring ‘Utba lying dead
And Shayba among the slain thrown in the well; - Page 340


Nothing matters if you fail to take revenge on ‘Amr’s slayers.
With waving swords flashing in Your hands like lightning
Sending heads flying as they glitter.
As it were the tracks of ants on their blades
When they are unsheathed against the evil-eyed enemy. -Page 341


Who will send a messenger from me
With news that a shrewd man will confirm?
Do not you know how I kept returning to the fight at Badr
When the swords flashed around you,
When the army’s leaders were left prostrate,
Their heads like slices of melon?
A gloomy fate, to the people’s hurt,
Came upon you in the valley of Badr;
My resolution saved them from disaster
And God’s help and a well-conceived plan.
I returned alone from al-Abwa’ - Page 536


The apostle said, ‘Kill any Jew that fails into your power.’ Thereupon Muhayyisa b. Mas’ud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna (579), a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, ‘You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?’ Muhayyisa answered, ‘Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.’ He said that this was the beginning of Huwayyisa’s acceptance of Islam. The other replied, ‘By God, if Muhammad had ordered you to kill me would you have killed me?’ He said, ‘Yes, by God, had he ordered me to cut off your head I would have done so.’ He exclaimed, ‘By God, a religion which can bring you to this is marvellous!’ and he became a Muslim. - Page 368


When (war) rubbed its breast in Quba”
And the slaughter waxed hot among the ‘Abdu’l-Ashhai.
Then they were nimble in flight
Like young ostriches running up a hill.
We killed a double number of their nobles 
And adjusted the inequality of Badr.
I do not blame myself, but 
Had we returned we should have made a clean sweep of them, 
With Indian swords above their heads 
Delivering blow after blow. - Page 408


What scared them suddenly in the valley was
Squadrons of horse coming forth to the battle.
They wanted to plunder our tents,
But protecting those tents that day were shattering blows.
They were tents that have always been protected,
If a people made for them they would be spoiled and meet our rage.
The heads of the Khazrajis that morning
By the side of Sal’ were like sliced melons,
And their hands holding Yamani swords were like barwaq - Page 622


 Then he went to Quraysh and said to Abu Sufyan b. Harb and his company: ‘You know my affection for you and that I have left Muhammad. Now I have heard something which I think it my duty to tell you of by way of warning, but regard it as confidential.’ When they said that they would, he continued: ‘Mark my words, the Jews have regretted their action in opposing Muhammad and have sent to tell him so, saying: “Would you like us to get hold of some chiefs of the two tribes Quraysh and Ghatafan and hand them over to you so that you can cut their heads off? Then we can join you in exterminating the rest of them.’ He has sent word back to accept their offer; so if the Jews send to you to demand hostages, don’t send them a single man.’ - Page 459


Huyayy was brought out wearing a flowered robe (710) in which he had made holes about the size of the finger-tips in every part so that it should not be taken from him as spoil, I with his hands bound to his neck by a rope. When he saw the apostle he said, ‘By God, I do not blame myself for opposing you, but he who forsakes God will be forsaken.’ Then he went to the men and said, ‘God’s command is right. A book and a decree, and massacre have been written against the Sons of Israel.’ Then he sat down and his head was struck off. - Page 464


When he returned and told him that the apostle had spared his life he said, ‘What does an old man without family and without children want with life?’ Thabit went again to the apostle, who promised to give him his wife and children. When he told him he said, ‘How can a household in the Hijaz live without property?’ Thabit secured the apostle’s promise that his property would be restored and came and told him so, and he said, ‘O Thabit, what has become of him whose face was like a Chinese mirror in which the virgins of the tribe could see themselves, Ka ‘b b. Asad?’ ‘Killed,’ he said. ‘And what of the prince of the Desert and the Sown, Huyayy b. Akhtab?’ ‘Killed.’ ‘And what of our vanguard when we attacked and our rearguard when we fled (T. returned to the charge), ‘Azzal b. Samaw’al?’ ‘Killed.’ ‘And what of the two assemblies?’ meaning B. Ka’b b. Qurayza and B. ‘Amr b. Qurayza. ‘Killed.’ He said, ‘Then! ask of you, Thabit, by my claim on you that you join me with my people, for life holds no joy now that they are dead, and I cannot bear to wait another momentI to meet my loved ones.’ So Thabit went up to him and struck off his head.

When Abu Bakr heard of his words ‘until I meet my loved ones’ he said, ‘Yes, by Allah he will meet them in hell for ever and ever’ - Page 466


His mother said when his bier was being carried, as she was weeping:
Alas Umm Sa’d for Sa’d the brave and bold,
Leader glorious, knight ever ready,
Stepping into the breach, cutting heads to pieces. - Page 468


We besieged them for one whole month
Standing over them like conquerors.
Night and morning every day
We attacked them fully armed;
Sharp swords in our hands
Cutting through heads and skulls.
‘Twas as though their gleam when they were drawn - Page 470


Abu Qatada has been killed.’ The apostle said that it was not Abu Qatada but a man he had killed and covered with his mantle so that they might know that he was his prey. ‘Ukasha overtook Aubar and his son ‘Amr who were riding the same camel, and ran them through with his lance, killing the two of them at one stroke. They recovered some of the milch-camels. The apostle went forward until he halted at the mountain of Dhu Qarad, and the men joined him there, and he stopped there for a day and a night. Salama b. al-Akwa’ asked if he might go with a hundred men and recover the rest of the herd and cut off the heads of the band. - Page 488


Ka’b b. Malik said concerning the day of Dhu Qarad with reference to the horsemen:
Do the bastards think that we
Are not their equals in horsemanship?
We are men who think killing no shame,
We turn not from the piercing lances.
We feed the guest with choicest camels’ meat
And smite the heads of the haughty.
We turn back the conspicuous warriors in their pride
With blows that quash the zeal of the unyielding. - Page 489


‘Asim b. ‘Umar b. Qatada told me that ‘Abdullah came to the apostle, saying, ‘I have heard that you want to kill ‘Abdullah b. Ubayy for what you have heard about him. If you must do it, then order me to do it and I will bring you his head, for al-Khazraj know that they have no man more dutiful to his father than I, and I am afraid that if you order someone else to kill him my soul will not permit me to see his slayer waiking among men and I shall kill him, thus killing a believer for an unbeliever, and so I should go to hell.’ The apostle said: ‘Nay, but let us deal kindly with him and make much of his companionship while he is with us.’ After that it happened that if any misfortune befell it was his own people who re­proached and upbraided him roughly. The apostle said to ‘Umar when he heard of this state of things: ‘Now what do you think, ‘Umar? Had I killed him on the day you wanted me to kill him the leading men would have trembled with rage. If I ordered them to kill him today they would kill him.’ ‘Umar replied, ‘I know that the apostle’s order is more blessed than mine. - Page 492


Kinana b. al-Rabi’, who had the custody of the treasure of B. al-Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (T. was brought) to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, ‘Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?’ he said Yes. The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr b. al-’Awwam, ‘Torture him until you extract what he has,’ so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud. - Page 515


Get out of his way, you unbelievers, make way.2
Every good thing goes with His apostle.
O Lord I believe in his word,
I know God’s truth in accepting it.
We will fight you about its interpretation3
As we have fought you about its revelation
With strokes that will remove heads from shoulders
And make friend unmindful of friend - Page 531


It pained me though I did not see in Mecca’s valley
The men of Banu Ka’b with their heads cut off
By men who had not drawn their swords
And the many dead who were left unburied.2
Would that I knew if my help with its biting satire3
Would injure Suhayl b. ‘Amr, and Safwan
That old camel who groans from his arse.
This is the time for war-its girths are tightened.
Don’t feel safe from us, son of Umm Mujalid,
When its pure milk is extracted and its teeth are crooked.
Don’t be disappointed, for our swords
Will open the door to death - Page 544


The apostle summoned Hatib and asked him what induced him to act thus. He replied that he believed in God and His apostle and had never ceased to do so, but that he was not a man of standing among Quraysh and he had a son and a family there and that he had to deal prudently with them for their sakes. ‘Umar wanted to cut off his head as a hypocrite but the apostle said, ‘How do you know, ‘Umar; perhaps God looked favorably on those who were at Badr and said, “Do as you please, for I have forgiven you.’” - Page 545


Abu Sufyan was saying, ‘I have never seen such fires and such a camp before.’ Budayl was saying, ‘These, by God, are (the fires of) Khuza’a which war has kindled.’ Abu Sufyan was saying, ‘Khuza’a are too poor and few to have fires and camps like these.’ I recognized his voice and called to him and he recognized my voice. I told him that the apostle was here with his army and expressed concern for him and for Quraysh: ‘If he takes you he will behead you, so ride on the back of this mule so that I can take you to him and ask for you his protection.’ So he rode behind me and his two companions returned. - Page 547


I said to him, ‘Submit and testify that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the apostle of God before you lose your head,’ so he did so. I pointed out to the apostle that Abu Sufyan was a man who liked to have some cause for pride and asked him to do something for him. He said, ‘He who enters Abu Sufyan’s house is safe, and he who locks his door is safe, and he who enters the mosque is safe.’ When he went off to go back the apostle told me to detain him in the narrow part of the wadi where the mountain projected1 so that God’s armies would pass by and he would see them; so I went and detained him where the prophet had ordered. - Page 547, 548


The latter hid him until he brought him to the apostle after the situation in Mecca was tranquil, and asked that he might be granted immunity. They allege that the apostle remained silent for a long time till finally he said yes. When ‘Uthman had left he said to his companions who were sitting around him, ‘I kept silent so that one of you might get up and strike off his head!’ One of the Ansar said, ‘Then why didn’t you give me a sign, O apostle of God?’ He answered that a prophet does not kill by pointing - Page 550


A traditionist of B. Jadhima who was one of our companions told me: ‘When Khalid ordered us to lay down our arms one of our men called Jahdam said, “Woe to you, B. Jadhima! This is Khalid. If you lay down your arms you will be bound, and after you have been bound you will be beheaded. By God, I’ll never lay down my arms.” Some of his people laid hold of him saying “Do you want to shed our blood? Everyone else has accepted Islam and laid down their arms; war is over and everybody is safe. “They persisted to the point of taking away his arms, and they them­selves laid down their arms at Khalid’s word.’ - Page 561


The same authority told me that she said: ‘May your life be prolonged seven and ten continuous years and eight thereafter.’ Then I took him away and he was beheaded. Abu Firas b. Abu Sunbula al-Aslami from some of their shaykhs from one who was present said: She went to him when he was beheaded and bent over him and kept on kissing him until she died at his side. - Page 564


The young man did not know him and Durayd asked him what he wanted and what was his name. He told him and said that he wanted to kill him, and struck him with his sword to no effect. Durayd said, ‘What a poor weapon your mother has given you! Take this sword of mine that is behind the saddle in the howdah and strike me with that above the spine and below the head, for that is the way I used to strike men. Then when you come to your mother tell her that you have killed Durayd b. al-Simma, for many’s the day I have protected your women.” - Page 574


A man with sharp weapons as though
When the enemy surrounded him he saw you.4
He attacked those of (his) kith and kin
Seeking only to please God and you.
I tell you I saw him charging in clouds of dust
Crushing the heads of the polytheists;
Now throttling with bare hands,
Now splitting their skulls with his sharp sword. - Page 577, 578


The day we trod down the unbelievers
And found no deviation or turning from the apostle’s order.
In a battle mid which the people heard only
Our exhortations to fight and the smashing of skulls
By swords that sent heads flying from their base
And severed the necks of warriors at a blow.
Often have we left the slain cut to pieces
And a widow crying Alas! over her husband.
‘Tis God not man we seek to please;
To Him belongs the seen and the unseen. - Page 580


By God’s command we smote those we met
In accordance with the best command.
When we met, O Hawazin,
We were saturating heads with fresh blood.
When you and B. Qasiy assembled
We crushed opposition like beaten leaves.
Some of your chiefs we slew
And we turned to kill both fugitive and standfast.
Al-Multath lay with outstretched hands,
His dying breath sounding like a gasping young camel. - Page 586


‘Asim b. ‘Umar b. Qatada told me that one of the Ansar leapt upon him asking to be allowed to behead the enemy of God, but the apostle told him to let him alone because he had come repentant breaking away from his past. Ka ‘b was angry at this tribe of the Ansar because of what this man had done and moreover the men of the Muhajirin spoke only well of him. - Page 598


Al-Zuhri alleged that when they brought him to crucify him he said:
Tell the chiefs of the Muslims that I
Surrender to my Lord my body and my bones.
Then they beheaded him and hung him up by that water.
May God have mercy on him! - Page 645


Then he said, ‘You are the people who when they were driven away pushed forward,’ and they remained silent, and none of them answered him. He repeated the words three times without getting an answer, and the fourth time Yazid b. Abdu’l-Madan said, ‘Yes, we are,’ and said it four times. The apostle said, ‘If Khalid had not written to me that you had accepted Islam and had not fought I would throw your heads beneath your feet.’ Yazid answered, ‘We do not praise you and we do not praise Khalid.’ - Page 646


Mas’ud al-Ashja’i from his father Nu’aym: I heard the apostle saying to them when he read his letter ‘What do you say about it?’ They said that they said the same as Musaylima. He replied, ‘By God, were it not that heralds are not to be killed I would behead the pair of you!’ Then he wrote to Musaylima: ‘From Muhammad the apostle of God to Musaylima the liar. Peace be upon him who follows the guidance. I The earth is God’s. He lets whom He will of His creatures inherit it and the result is to the pious.’2 This was at the end of the year 10. - Page 649


’Amr asked him who he was, and when he told him he said: ‘Let it be one of your uncles who is older than you, my nephew, for I don’t want to shed your blood.’ ‘Ali answered, ‘But I do want to shed your blood.’ He became angry, and drew his sword which flashed like fire, and advanced in his anger (it is said that he was mounted). ‘Ali said to him, ‘How can I fight you when you are on a horse? Dismount and be on a level with me.’ So he got off his horse and came at him and ‘Ali advanced with his shield. ‘Amr Aimed a blow which cut deeply into the shield so that the sword stuck in it and struck his head. But ‘Ali gave him a blow on the vein at the base of the neck and he fell to the ground. The dust rose and the apostle heard the cry, ‘Allah Akbar’ and knew that ‘Ali had killed him. [Suhayli continues:] As he came towards the apostle smiling with joy ‘U mar asked him if he had stripped him of his armor, for it was the best that could be found among the Arabs. He answered: ‘When I had struck him down he turned his private parts towards me and I felt ashamed to despoil him and moreover he had said that he did not want to shed my blood because my father was a friend of his. - Page 458


“I seem to see Ja’far when he got off his sorrel and hamstrung her and then fought until he was killed as he said:
Welcome Paradise so near,
Sweet and cool to drink its cheer.
Greeks will soon have much to fear Infidels, of descent unclear
When we meet their necks I’ll shear.’” - Page 534


I pierced Ibn Zafila b. al-Irash with a spear
Which went through him and then broke.
I gave his neck a blow
So that he bent like a bough of mimosa.
We led off the wives of his cousins
On the day of Raquqayn as sheep - Page 536


In a battle mid which the people heard only
Our exhortations to fight and the smashing of skulls
By swords that sent heads flying from their base
And severed the necks of warriors at a blow.
Often have we left the slain cut to pieces
And a widow crying Alas! over her husband.
‘Tis God not man we seek to please;
To Him belongs the seen and the unseen. - Page 580

Beheadings in the Koran

One (1) reference

8:12 God revealed His will to the angels, saying: ‘I shall be with you. Give courage to the believers. I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers!’
______________________
Beheading in Islam
© 2007-2015 CSPI, LLC. all rights reserved.

Political Islam About Page

What is Islam?
Islam is a cultural, religious and political system. Only the political system is of interest to kafirs (non-Muslims) since it determines how we are defined and treated. The Islamic political system is contained in the Koran, the Hadith (the traditions of Mohammed) and his biography, the Sira.

Our Mission
Political Islam has subjugated other civilizations for 1400 years. Our mission is to educate the world about political Islam, its founder Mohammed, his political doctrine and his god, Allah.

The Five Principles
Islam’s Trilogy of three sacred texts is the Koran and two books about the life of Mohammed. When the Trilogy is sorted, categorized, arranged, rewritten and analyzed, it becomes apparent that five principles are the foundation of Islam.

All of Islam is based upon the Trilogy—Koran, Sira (Mohammed’s biography) and Hadith (his Traditions).

Most of the Islamic doctrine is political, not religious. Islam is a political ideology.
Islam divides the world into Muslims and unbelievers, kafirs.

Political Islam always has two different ways to treat kafirs—dualistic ethics. Kafirs can be abused in the worst ways or they can be treated like a good neighbor.

Kafirs must submit to Islam in READ THE REST
________________________
Beheading in the Koran, Sira and Hadith

© 2007-2015 CSPI, LLC

About Page - CSPI Publications

Books, eBooks, and Audio Books by Dr. Bill Warner are available online at politicalislam.com and from popular retail distributors.


About CSPI Books

Our books make Islam easy to understand. There is one sure way to knowing Islam -- know Allah and know Mohammed. This used to be very hard to do, but just like science made computers easy to use, scientific analysis has made Allah and Mohammed accessible and interesting.

Allah is found in the Koran which is famous for being impossible to read, but today anyone with curiosity can pick it up, read it and comprehend it.

To know Islam, you must know Mohammed. His life, called the Sira, and sayings, called Hadith, are the foundations of Islam. It is more important to know Mohammed than the Koran. Our books will show you one of history's interesting leaders.

Our books will give you ease of learning and a firm foundation of understanding.

Primary Doctrine Books

Islam has three sacred texts-the Koran, the Sira (life of Mohammed), and the Hadith (traditions of Mohammed). These are the foundations of Islam. All of Islamic religious and political doctrine are found in them.

Until now these books were unavailable to the average reader. The READ THE REST



No comments:

Post a Comment