DONATE

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The constitution doesn't work in some instances

John Kerry caricature
Democrats only believe the Constitution works when it validates or protects a Leftist principle, otherwise the Constitution does not always work. Just ask Secretary of Defense Nominee John Kerry.

JRH 1/26/13
********************************
The constitution doesn't work in some instances

By Rand Paul
Sent: 1/25/2013 2:43 PM
Sent by RandPAC

"The Constitution doesn't work in some instances."

I'm sure you were floored when you read that.

I was too when John Kerry said those EXACT words to me yesterday during his Senate Foreign Relations Committee Confirmation Hearing for Secretary of State.

As I told John Kerry, "the Constitution has no exception for when you’re having a tough time or when people disagree with you.”

But that’s not all I had to say.

My staff has pulled out my exchange with John Kerry for you to watch in the brief video below.


Unfortunately, that’s the problem in Washington these days.

Too many politicians and bureaucrats flat-out ignore the Constitution, or they think they have the authority to obey it at will.

There's no accountability.

Hillary Clinton acted the same way during her hearing over the Benghazi terrorist attacks that left four Americans dead.

And to add insult to injury, whenever concerned Americans like you hold their feet to the fire and expect them to fulfill the duties their offices demand - they're outraged.

Rest assured, I'm going to hold their feet to the fire.

Whether they like it or not, whenever the Big Government crowd decides to cherry-pick the Constitution, I'm going to call them out on it.

That's because I'm dead serious about restoring constitutional government in America.

And I promise you I'm not backing down.

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul

P.S. Take a moment to watch the brief video of my exchange with John Kerry during his Senate Foreign Relations Committee Confirmation Hearing yesterday.

And please consider chipping in a contribution of $10, $15 or $25 to help restore constitutional government in America.
-----------------------------------------------
© RandPAC, 2013. All Rights Reserved.

Paid for by RandPAC and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to RandPAC are not tax-deductible.

www.RandPAC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment