DONATE

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rep. Elect Allen West Knows Islam

Allen West - Florida 22
John R. Houk
© November 14, 2010

I received an email from Keith Davies the Executive Director of the Walid Shoebat Foundation pointing Representative Elect Allen West (Lt. Col. U.S. Army retired) simultaneously became the poster boy of the Left and the Right. In the eyes of the Left Lt. Col West was the embodiment of all that is evil in the American Army. In the eyes of the Right he is an American hero protecting the lives of the soldiers under his command and striking fear into the enemy.

What was Lt. Col. West’s moment of notoriety?

West spent 22 years in the military, serving in the Gulf War, serving in the Iraq War, and earning a chestful of medals. In 2003, he was commanding a battalion in Iraq when a “career-ending incident,” as they say, occurred. In brief, West was interrogating an Iraqi who he believed was involved in an imminent plot to kill him and his men. He fired a couple of shots, scaring the man, who then sang.
 

West had departed from rules and regulations, and was hauled before a hearing. He said, “I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers.” He also said, in a much-quoted line, “If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can.” West could have been court-martialed, but was allowed to retire, paying a $5,000 fine.
 

Back home, he became a symbol: of military roguery to some liberals, of heroism and loyalty to many conservatives. FrontPage Magazine made him its man of the year, saying, “Col. West is the model leader, precisely the kind of man any soldier would want watching his back in combat.” Asked today whether he has any regrets about the “incident,” West says, “The thing is, every day of my life, I can look at myself in the mirror,” knowing he did his utmost to protect lives.
(
National Review Online)

Col. West was bounced out of the military for the aggressive 2003 interrogation of a civilian Iraqi police officer who was suspected of having information about an ambush on American soldiers. When the officer wouldn't cough up information that would protect American lives, Col. West fired his pistol past the detainee's head into a clearing barrel. It did not harm the detainee in any way, but frightened him into giving Col. West information about the planned attack.


Not only did this information enable the military to thwart this particular ambush, there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in this area until Col. West was relieved of his leadership post.


Col. West was asked at his hearing if he would do it again. "If it's about the lives of my men and their safety, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."


In other words, Col. West is a genuine American hero. He should have received another medal for his actions instead of being driven from the U.S. military. He is exactly the kind of officer I want protecting the lives of my wife and children.
(Renew America)

West beat an incumbent Democrat in the November 2 election representing Florida’s 22nd District. Incidentally the Florida 22 has a majority of Democratic Party registered voters of which some must have voted for one of most Conservative members of Congress elected this year.

None of that piqued my interest in Rep. Allen West Elect, rather my interest in West is in the politically incorrect public stand he has taken pertaining to the theopolitical religion known as Islam but should have the better appellation of the old Western term known as Mohammedanism after its founder.

The email from Shoebat.com reads as follows:

Friends:


Progress at last!


First member of Congress (elect) to express the truth publicly loud and clear, with a full grasp of the history and issues which so far all our other members of Congress skirt or use PC words and flowery language including the Republican caucus
.

Col Allen West is a war hero, served in Afganistan, is articluate, knowledgeable and I as most other conservative thinking people would be proud to have him as our second black president one day. It would sure give me a better thrill up my leg than what we got in the White House today.


G-d Bless Col Allen West, may we wish him the best in his first term as a Congressman.


Please share the link below with as many as possible, it is very important!


http://shoebat.com/videos/alanWest.php

Keith Davies
Executive Director Walid Shoebat Fdn

The link is to a very short video of Allen West publicly speaking the truth that Islam is not a religion of peace. Be sure to watch it.

JRH 11/14/10

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I'm familiar with Walid Shoebat but had not seen this letter. I'll definitely be adding it to my files!

    I hope you will drop in and visit my blog, West for the West Wing 2012, at http://westforwestwing2012.com. Sounds like you and I are kindred spirits in our admiration for Allen West, so I think you might like it!

    ReplyDelete