DONATE

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What’s your take on ‘Burn the Koran Day’?



John R. Houk
© September 9, 2010


Burn the Koran Day is scheduled for September 11, 2010 to dishonor the Muslims who attacked America on September 11, 2001 (aka 9/11). There have been a lot of opinions from the Left and Right denouncing the Pastor and Church of an otherwise insignificant membership of fifty or so. The feeling is to be outraged over insulting Muslims rather than being insulted that an act of perfidy occurred on American soil in the name of Allah and Mohammed.

I personally have swayed back and forth in indecision over the right and wrong of a Burn Koran Day. I even made a comment supporting the concept that Christians ought not to lower them self down to a level of Islamic vengeance. Then I read Ann Coulter’s support of a Burn Koran Day and now I am back to, “Yep let’s burn those vile books insulting Christianity and the American way of life.”

Reading the comments of my fellow Conservatives and Christians at other websites I may be in lonely company. I despise being moved by peer pressure though, so for now I am with the Burn the Koran Day crowd even if it is politically incorrect.

JRH 9/9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment